Markel direct is a trading name of Markel (UK) Limited and a specialist online insurer providing cover for professionals, professional practices and consultants.
Markel (UK) Limited has over 20 years experience of insuring a wide range of professions, social welfare and charitable organisations and specialty and liability risks.
We are a division of Markel International (a subsidiary of US-based Markel Corporation), a Lloyd's and London market insurer that writes a diverse range of risks. In 2012 Markel International reported gross written premiums of $888m.
Markel's promise to you
We aim to provide you with:
- Clear, accurate and relevant information
- A fair and reasonable service
- Prompt responses to your requests
- Sufficient information for you to make an informed choice as to whether our policies are suitable for your needs; without us offering personal opinions or making specific recommendations
- Markel direct is a trading name of Markel (UK) Limited.
- Markel (UK) Limited is a registered company (registered in England number 2430992), registered office: The Markel Building, 49 Leadenhall Street, London, EC3A 2EA, with its main trading address at 8th Floor, Riverside West, Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS1 4AW.
- Markel (UK) Limited is an appointed representative of Markel International Insurance Company Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (FCA registered number 202570). The Financial Services Register can be accessed at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/home.do.
- Markel (UK) Limited only places insurance policies with Markel International Insurance Company Limited.
| ||Fitch ||AM Best |
Markel International Insurance Company Limited
|A ||A |
|A ||A |