Markel direct is a trading name of Markel (UK) Limited and a specialist online insurer providing cover for professionals, consultants, freelancers, charities and community groups.
We have over 20 years experience of insuring a wide range of professions, social welfare and charitable organisations and specialty and liability risks.
We are a division of Markel International, a Lloyd's and London market insurer that writes a diverse range of risks. In 2013 Markel International reported gross written premiums of $914m.
Markel International is a subsidiary of US-based Markel Corporation, which has been listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 1986. For the year ended December 31, 2013 Markel Corporation reported operating revenues of $4.3bn.
Markel's promise to you
We aim to provide you with:
- Clear, accurate and relevant information
- A fair and reasonable service
- Prompt responses to your requests
- Sufficient information for you to make an informed choice as to whether our policies are suitable for your needs; without us offering personal opinions or making specific recommendations
- Markel direct is a trading name of Markel (UK) Limited.
- Markel (UK) Limited is a registered company (registered in England number 2430992), registered office: 20 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3AZ, with its main trading address at 2nd Floor, Verity House, 6 Canal Wharf, Leeds, LS11 5BQ.
- Markel (UK) Limited is an appointed representative of Markel International Insurance Company Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (FCA registered number 202570). The Financial Services Register can be accessed at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/home.do.
- Markel (UK) Limited only places insurance policies with Markel International Insurance Company Limited.
| ||Fitch ||AM Best |
Markel International Insurance Company Limited
|A ||A |
|A ||A |