Building services insurance



Building services insurance

As a specialist insurer, our building services insurance has been designed to offer expert cover to a range of building and property service professions.
Ensuring that vital utilities such as heating, power and lighting function effectively can carry serious risks. An allegation of an erroneous design, an injury sustained by a visiting client or a fire at your office could cause irreparable damage to your business. Our building services insurance can offer your business tailored cover against these risks and many more, giving you the peace of mind that if something does go wrong you are insured.
We can help you tailor a comprehensive building services insurance policy online and insure you in minutes. Our simple quote system asks about your business activities and offers you covers that may be of interest. You can choose to buy all or just some of the covers quoted, so you will only ever pay for the insurance you need.
Get a quote



Tailor your building services insurance policy online with these covers

Professional indemnity insurance covers the cost of defending your business against allegations of professional negligence (such as giving your client incorrect or wrongful advice) and if unsuccessful, the cost of damages awarded against you. This cover is vital for building services professionals, and insurance is available with limits ranging from £100,000 to £5m.
Public and product liability insurance covers the cost of defending your business (including damages awarded against you if unsuccessful) if someone is injured, or their property damaged, which arises from you going about your business or supplying products. The legal fees alone could cost your business thousands of pounds. If you regularly come into contact with members of the public, you are likely to need this cover. Limits range from £1m to £5m.
Employer’s liability insurance is a legal requirement if your business has employees. It covers your business against claims for injury or illness suffered by employees arising from their employment. If your business has employees, you need this cover. Cover for £10m.
Directors and officers insurance covers the costs of defending you as a director or officer of your company against allegations of wrongful acts and any damages subsequently awarded against you. Cover is also provided in respect of the legal costs and expenses of defending actions for disqualification as a director, investigations and extradition proceedings. Limits range from £100,000 to £5m.
Office insurance covers your office buildings, office contents and computer equipment against accidental damage (including theft) whilst on your business premises. You can also choose to cover your business equipment (such as laptops and mobile phones) on a worldwide basis, and insure your business against loss of income and/or additional trading expenses following events such as damage to your property.

We offer specialist cover for building services business based at home

We understand the unique risks facing home based businesses. Unlike the majority of insurers that offer the same policy for all customers, regardless of whether they work at home or in an office, we offer a specialist policy for homeworkers that is separate from our standard ‘office based’ policy. Home insurance policies rarely include the cover businesses need to be properly insured, so ensure you arrange specialist cover that will not leave your building services business exposed should you need to claim.
Our homeworkers insurance policy can be tailored to your preference, with a range of liability covers available and the option to insure your business equipment. We offer a choice of limits on each cover suitable for all sizes of business.
With cover available from just £5/month over 10 interest free payments, you are sure to find tailored cover for your building services business at an unbeatable price.

Get a quote

Customer rating

Rated 4.7 stars from 396 customer reviews at

Need some help?