Children's group and youth club insurance from Markel Direct UK



Children's and youth club insurance

Our insurance for children’s and youth clubs offers specialist cover against a multitude of risks facing children’s playgroups, after school clubs and youth clubs.

With over 20 years experience insuring not for profit organisations, we have an unrivalled reputation for expertise in the third sector, including winning the Voluntary, Care, Heritage and Education Underwriting Team of the Year award at the Underwriting Service Awards 2011.

Youth clubs face a wide range of risks, even if they aren’t immediately obvious. A club attendee injuring themselves during an activity, theft of the club's belongings or an allegation of wrongdoing against one of the club’s trustees could have a severe financial impact on your children’s or youth club. Few clubs have the financial resource to be able to defend a claim against such scenarios.

Our youth club insurance can provide cover against these risks and more. Insuring your club with Markel will give you the peace of mind that if something doesn’t quite go to plan, you will be covered.

We’ll take the time to understand the activities your youth club undertakes and explain the cover options available to you in plain English. Premiums start at just £6 a month - get a quote now or call us on 0845 373 0405!

Get a quote or call 0845 373 0405

We have a long history of working in the third sector

In addition to insuring thousands of charitable organisations over the last 20 years, we have raised over £130,000 for our supported charity, Carers Trust, and we are headline sponsors of the Third Sector Excellence Awards.


Build a comprehensive youth club insurance policy with these covers

Trustee indemnity insurance and professional indemnity insurance

Trustee indemnity insurance covers the legal costs and expenses of defending against disqualification as a trustee, investigations or extradition proceedings, protecting the trustee’s personal wealth. If your club or group has trustees, you should give serious consideration to trustee indemnity insurance. Cover from £250k to £1m.

Professional indemnity insurance covers the cost of defending your club against allegations of professional negligence, such as giving poor or incorrect advice to a user of your services.

Entity Defence covers your charity against identity fraud, investigations (other than by HM Revenue & Customs), corporate manslaughter and breach of contract. Entity defence is provided in your policy at no additional cost when trustee indemnity insurance and professional indemnity insurance are included in your policy. Cover for £25,000.


Public and product liability insurance and employer's liability insurance

Public and product liability insurance covers the cost of defending your club or group if someone is injured, or their property damaged, due to your negligence. Without cover in place, the legal fees alone could cost your group thousands of pounds. Cover for £5m.

Employer’s liability insurance is a legal requirement if you employ staff or volunteers. It covers against allegations of injury or illness suffered by staff during their employment. If your club or group has employees on a full time, part time or volunteer basis, this cover is essential. Cover for £10m.

Property damage insurance covers your buildings, general contents (including stock), computer equipment, tenant improvements and glass (for which you are responsible) against accidental damage (including theft) whilst on your charity's premises. You can also choose to insure your youth club's equipment (such as laptops and mobile phones) on a worldwide basis, and insure against additional trading expenses following an interruption (for example, a flood that means your club or group has to operate from another premises).
Money and personal assault covers loss of money for fixed limits up to a maximum of £250,000 for non-negotiable money (e.g. crossed cheques) and £2,500 for negotiable money depending on the nature of the loss. In addition to this if you, or members of your family, or employees, or members of their family, are injured during a robbery or attempted robbery, we will pay you either £5,000 or £50 per week for 104 weeks (depending on the nature of the injury).

How much cover should I choose for my youth club?

It is important to choose a limit that will not leave you underinsured in the event of a claim; consider the size of your organisation and the potential impact a claim could have on it. You may find that councils and village halls require your club to have a certain limit in place in order to use their facilities, so be sure to check before you arrange cover.

Our youth club insurance can be tailored to provide as little or as much cover as you need, so you are guaranteed to find the right cover, regardless of the size of your club.

Get a quote now or call us on 0845 373 0405 to insure your youth club with an expert.

Get a quote or call 0845 373 0405

Customer rating

Rated 4.7 stars from 396 customer reviews at

Use an insurance broker?

Find out more about our charity insurance products available through insurance brokers.