Estate agent and letting agency insurance



Estate agents insurance

We have designed our estate agents insurance to cover a multitude of risks facing estate agencies, letting agents and property search businesses.
In an increasingly litigious industry, arranging specialist insurance for your business is vital. Failing to manage a sale or letting properly, causing damage to a customer’s home during a visit or a fire at your business premises could have disastrous consequences. Our estate agents insurance can be tailored to cover these eventualities, as well as meet the insurance requirements of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA).
We can help you arrange your estate agents insurance online in minutes. Our simple quote system asks about your business activities and offers you covers that may be of interest. You can choose to buy all or just some of the covers quoted, so you will only ever pay for the insurance you need.
Get a quote



Tailor a specialist estate agency insurance policy with these covers

Professional indemnity insurance covers the cost of defending your business against allegations of professional negligence (such as giving your client incorrect or wrongful advice) and if unsuccessful, the cost of damages awarded against you. This cover is essential for all types of estate and letting agents, and insurance is available with limits ranging from £250,000 to £5m.
Public and product liability insurance covers the cost of defending your business (including damages awarded against you if unsuccessful) if someone is injured, or their property damaged, which arises from you going about your business or supplying products. The legal fees alone could cost your business thousands of pounds. If you visit client's properties, or they visit your office, this cover is essential. Limits range from £1m to £5m.
Employer’s liability insurance is a legal requirement if your business has employees. It covers your business against claims for injury or illness suffered by employees arising from their employment. If you have employees, you need this cover. Cover for £10m.
Directors and officers insurance covers the costs of defending you as a director or officer of your company against allegations of wrongful acts and any damages subsequently awarded against you. Cover is also provided in respect of the legal costs and expenses of defending actions for disqualification as a director, investigations and extradition proceedings. Limits range from £100,000 to £5m.
Office insurance covers your office buildings, office contents and computer equipment against accidental damage (including theft) whilst on your business premises. You can also choose to cover your business equipment (such as laptops and mobile phones) on a worldwide basis, and insure your business against loss of income and/or additional trading expenses following events such as damage to your property.

We also insure home based estate and letting agents

Home based estate and letting agents are not immune to allegations of mistakes and errors. We offer a specialist homeworkers policy (separate from our office based policy) that offers tailored cover against the risks facing home based estate agents. Few home based businesses could survive a claim made against them, and home insurance policies do not tend to provide cover for your business. To prevent your business being left exposed to costly payouts, ensure you arrange tailored estate agent insurance for homeworkers that will comprehensively cover your business.
Regardless of the size of your estate agency, you can find expert cover tailored to your business’ individual needs. A range of limits are available on liability covers, and you have the option of insuring essential business equipment against theft, damage and many other risks.
Our estate agents insurance is available from just £5/month with the option to pay over ten interest free instalments.

Get a quote

Customer rating

Rated 4.7 stars from 396 customer reviews at

Need some help?