Sole trader insurance



Sole trader insurance

Having insured professionals for over twenty years, our specialist insurance for sole traders offers expert, tailored insurance cover against a wide range of risks facing your business.

Regardless of how careful you are, poor advice given to a client, an accident on your premises or the theft of expensive equipment could cost your business thousands of pounds. Our sole trader insurance can give you the peace of mind that you are covered for these eventualities and many more.

If you are unsure which covers your business needs, we can help you tailor your sole trader insurance. Our simple quote system allows you to choose the cover you want at a premium you can afford.

Get a quote



Build your sole trader insurance policy with these specialist covers

Professional indemnity insurance covers the cost of defending your business against allegations of professional negligence (such as giving your client incorrect or wrongful advice) and any compensation or damages subsequently awarded against you. This is vital protection for all sole traders and insurance cover is available with limits ranging from £50,000 to £5m.
Public and product liability insurance covers the cost of defending your business (including damages awarded against you if unsuccessful) if someone is injured, or their property damaged, which arises from you going about your business or supplying products. The legal fees alone could cost your business thousands of pounds. This is an important cover if you regularly deal with clients or members of the public. Limits range from £1m to £5m.
Employer’s liability insurance is a legal requirement if your business has employees. It covers your business against claims for injury or illness suffered by employees arising from their employment. Regardless of the industry you work in, if your business employs staff, you need this cover. Cover for £10m.
Office insurance covers your office buildings, office contents and computer equipment against accidental damage (including theft) whilst on your business premises. You can also choose to cover your business equipment (such as laptops and mobile phones) on a worldwide basis, and insure your business against loss of income and/or additional trading expenses following events such as damage to your property.

We offer specialist cover for homeworkers

In addition to our standard 'office based' insurance policies, we also offer specialist homeworker policies designed to cover the risks facing small businesses run from home. Few home insurance policies extend to cover business activities, regardless of the industry you work in, so be sure to choose insurance for your business that will prevent claims falling between gaps in your cover.
You can tailor your sole trader insurance policy online by choosing from a range of liability covers and the option to insure your home office contents. And as your business changes, you can enjoy the convenience of being able to adjust your policy online at any time.
Sole trader insurance cover starts at just £5/month, with the option to spread the cost of your premium over 10 interest free payments.

Get a quote

Customer rating

Rated 4.7 stars from 396 customer reviews at

Need some help?