Surveyors insurance from Markel direct



Surveyor insurance

Our specialist surveyors insurance provides expert cover for a range of surveying professions, including quantity surveyors and land surveyors, that has been tailored to comply with the insurance requirements of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Regularly assessing the condition of buildings can make you vulnerable to claims. An allegation of a poorly conducted survey, damage you cause to a property whilst carrying out a valuation, or the theft of a computer from your business premises could have a serious effect on your business activities. Our surveyors insurance can cover your business against such instances, giving you the peace of mind that if something unforeseen happens, you are covered.
Our surveyors insurance can be tailored online to the needs of your business in minutes. Our simple quote system asks about your business activities and offers you covers that may be of interest. You can choose to buy all or just some of the covers quoted, so you will only ever pay for the insurance you need.
Get a quote



Build a comprehensive surveyors insurance policy online

Professional indemnity insurance covers the cost of defending your business against allegations of professional negligence (such as giving your client incorrect or wrongful advice) and if unsuccessful, the cost of damages awarded against you. This cover is essential for all types of surveyor, and insurance is available with limits ranging from £100,000 to £5m.
Public and product liability insurance covers the cost of defending your business (including damages awarded against you if unsuccessful) if someone is injured, or their property damaged, which arises from you going about your business or supplying products. The legal fees alone could cost your business thousands of pounds. If you visit client's properties, this cover is essential. Limits range from £1m to £5m.
Employer’s liability insurance is a legal requirement if your business has employees. It covers your business against claims for injury or illness suffered by employees arising from their employment. If you have employees, you need this cover. Cover for £10m.
Directors and officers insurance covers the costs of defending you as a director or officer of your company against allegations of wrongful acts and any damages subsequently awarded against you. Cover is also provided in respect of the legal costs and expenses of defending actions for disqualification as a director, investigations and extradition proceedings. Limits range from £100,000 to £5m.
Office insurance covers your office buildings, office contents and computer equipment against accidental damage (including theft) whilst on your business premises. You can also choose to cover your business equipment (such as laptops and mobile phones) on a worldwide basis, and insure your business against loss of income and/or additional trading expenses following events such as damage to your property.

We offer specialist surveyors insurance for homeworkers

Without the right insurance, businesses based at home can be exposed to financially crippling claims. In addition to our standard ‘office based’ insurance policy, we also offer a specialist homeworkers policy. Our homeworkers policy has been designed to specifically cover a range of risks facing home based businesses, including surveyors working from home. Home insurance policies rarely include cover for your business, so without specialist cover, you could face expensive payouts if you make a mistake or something unexpected happens.
Our homeworkers insurance policy can be tailored to your preference. With a choice of limits on each cover suitable for surveyors of all types and sizes, you are sure to find the right insurance for your business. You also have the option to insure vital business equipment against a variety of risks.
Our surveyors insurance is available from as little as £5/month when paying over 10 interest free instalments.

Get a quote

Customer rating

Rated 4.7 stars from 396 customer reviews at

Need some help?