Working from home and homeworkers insurance



Working from home and homeworker insurance

Working from home carries many unique risks, so it is vital you are properly insured. As a specialist insurer with over twenty years experience insuring professionals, we have designed our homeworker insurance policies to cover the risks facing home-based professionals.

Unlike many insurers that offer a ‘one size fits all’ policy for both homeworkers and office based businesses, we offer separate, specialist homeworker policies that can be tailored to the specific risks facing your home business. Without specialist homeworker insurance, a mistake in a piece of work, damage you cause to a client’s property or the theft of a laptop could cost your business thousands of pounds.

If you are unsure which covers your business needs, we can help you tailor your homeworker insurance. Our simple quote system allows you to choose the cover you want at a premium you can afford.

Get a quote



Tailor your your homeworker insurance with these specialist covers

Professional indemnity insurance covers the cost of defending your business against allegations of professional negligence (such as giving your client incorrect or wrongful advice) and any compensation or damages subsequently awarded against you. This is vital protection for all homeworkers and insurance cover is available with limits ranging from £50,000 to £5m.

Public and product liability insurance covers the cost of defending your business (including damages awarded against you if unsuccessful) if someone is injured, or their property damaged, which arises from you going about your business or supplying products. The legal fees alone could cost your business thousands of pounds. This is an important cover if you regularly deal with clients or members of the public. Limits range from £1m to £5m.

Employer’s liability insurance is a legal requirement if your business has employees. It covers your business against claims for injury or illness suffered by employees arising from their employment. Regardless of the industry you work in, if your business employs staff, you need this cover. Cover for £10m.
Directors and officers insurance covers the costs of defending you as a director or officer of your company against allegations of wrongful acts and any damages subsequently awarded against you. Cover is also provided in respect of the legal costs and expenses of defending actions for disqualification as a director, investigations and extradition proceedings. Limits range from £100,000 to £5m.
Office insurance covers your office buildings, office contents and computer equipment against accidental damage (including theft) whilst on your business premises. You can also choose to cover your business equipment (such as laptops and mobile phones) on a worldwide basis, and insure your business against loss of income and/or additional trading expenses following events such as damage to your property.

Our policies offer truly specialist cover for professionals working from home

It is a common misconception that home insurance policies include cover for business activities undertaken at home. In fact, very few do. Our homeworker insurance can offer truly specialist cover that can cover your liabilities as a business, as well as any expensive business equipment kept in your home office, in a single comprehensive policy.

As your business grows, you will have the convenience of being able to adjust your policy at any time online. You can add cover and increase limits in a matter of minutes.

With flexible payments methods, including the option to spread the cost of your policy over 10 interest free instalments, you are guaranteed to find expert cover at an affordable price.

Get a quote

Customer rating

Rated 4.7 stars from 396 customer reviews at

Need some help?