Glaziers Insurance

Specialist insurance for glaziers from £9 a month*.

  • Fast, easy online quote in 90 seconds

  • Levels of cover to suit you

  • Pay by interest free direct debit

Fitting and removing glass can be difficult and dangerous work. Whether you’re installing bi-fold doors, replacing windows or glazing a conservatory, each job comes with its own risks and challenges. And in your line of work, mistakes can be costly.

From causing injury to yourself or others to damaging customers’ property, many things can go wrong, and the consequences for your finances could be serious if they do. This is why it’s so important to have suitable insurance in place.  

At Markel Direct, we feel that we offer great value glaziers’ insurance that is tailored to meet your exact needs.  

What is glaziers’ insurance?  

Glaziers’ insurance is there to safeguard your finances if the worst should happen. It’s an umbrella term that can encompass a range of different types of tradesman insurance, such as public liability insurance, employers’ liability cover, tools insurance, professional indemnity cover and more. By making sure you have a policy in place that protects your business from the specific risks you face, you can help to secure your finances and benefit from greater peace of mind.  

Get a quote now

Public liability insurance for glaziers  

Public liability insurance is considered essential by many glaziers. It protects you if your work causes injury to a customer or member of the public, or results in damage to their property. For example, a customer may fall over a toolbox while you are working at their home, suffering injuries as a result. Or you might accidentally gouge the surrounding plasterwork as your fitting a window at a client’s property, which may need to be repaired and repainted as a result.  

In cases such as these, you could face significant compensation claims and legal bills. Public liability insurance for glaziers is there to ensure that you don’t have to cover these expenses out of your own pocket.  

Do I need glaziers’ insurance?  

All glaziers may need certain types of insurance. No matter how careful you are when you’re fitting and removing windows, you can’t rule out the possibility of an accident occurring. If it does, you don’t want to be left facing the financial fallout. For example, if a windowpane you’re installing falls from a height and causes damage to a customer’s car, would you be able to cover the costs of repairing the damage to the vehicle? Or if a client or member of the public trips over equipment you leave out and suffers a serious injury, could your finances deal with a legal claim? Unless you would be able to absorb expenses like these, it’s important to have the appropriate glaziers’ insurance in place.  

You will also need to think about your tools. As a glazier, you couldn’t work without the specialist equipment you rely on to do your job. If this was stolen, lost or damaged, you could be left facing significant bills to replace or repair it. In addition, if you have employees, you’re required by law to take out employers’ liability insurance.  

Why choose Markel Direct for glaziers’ insurance?  

We believe that you can rely on us to offer excellent value, reliable glaziers’ insurance. Here are just some of the other reasons to choose us as your cover provider.  

✔ Quick quotes
Getting a quote from us is quick and easy. Simply fill in our online form and we’ll get back to you in as little as 90 seconds.  

✔ Transparent pricing
When you purchase cover from us, you won’t be hit with any hidden fees. Our pricing is fully transparent.  

✔ 24/7 legal advice
In an emergency, you need access to legal advice straight away. That’s why we provide a 24/7 legal advice helpline operated by experienced solicitors.  

✔ Impressive customer ratings
Find out what our customers think of us by checking out our impressive ratings on  

✔ Tailored cover
We know that there’s no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to glaziers’ insurance. With Markel, you can choose cover that is tailored to meet your exact requirements.

How to buy glaziers’ insurance  

Buying glaziers’ insurance from Markel couldn’t be easier. Just fill in our online quote form by answering some simple questions about your business. We’ll then provide you with a personalised quote. You can choose to start the cover straight away, or up to 30 days in advance.  

How much does glaziers’ insurance cost?  

How much your cover policy costs will depend on several factors, including the type of protection you need, the size of your business and the level of insurance you choose to get. Our policies are available from £9 a month. Simply get a quote today to find out more.

*Price based on a glazier requiring £1 million of public liability insurance cover.

Customer reviews


Rated 4.8 stars from 351 customer reviews at Google

Markel Direct - Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award

Cover starting from £9 a month

What insurance do glaziers need?

  • Public liability insurance

    Public liability insurance protects you against compensation claims made by customers or members of the public who have had their property damaged or been injured due to the actions of your business. Our public liability cover is available with limits of between £1 million and £5 million.
    Example of a claim:
    A customer trips over a ladder you have left out while working elsewhere on site, cutting their head and suffering a concussion. They decide to sue you for their injuries.

  • Employers' liability insurance

    Employers’ liability insurance is there to protect your business if a worker takes legal action against you over an injury or illness they have suffered because of their work. You’re required by law to have a minimum of £5 million of this protection in place. Our policies provide a limit of £10 million of cover.
    Example of a claim:
    A ladder breaks while one of your employees is on it, causing them to fall and badly injure themselves. They decide to seek compensation for their injury.

  • Tools insurance

    Tool insurance pays out in the event that your equipment is stolen, damaged or lost. Our cover is available with limits ranging from £1,000 to £5,000.
    Example of a claim:
    Thieves break into your garage and steal some of your most valuable tools. You face the cost of having to replace them.

  • Occupational personal accident insurance

    Occupational personal accident insurance supports your income if you can’t do your job because you’re injured as a result of your work. It can provide weekly payments or a lump sum, depending on the nature of the injury you experience.

  • Owned plant insurance

    Owned plant insurance covers the cost of replacing or repairing your own plant machinery from theft or damage. Choose from cover limits of between £10,000 and £50,000.

  • Hired in plant insurance

    Hired in plant insurance pays out if plant machinery you have hired from a third party is damaged or stolen. We offer cover limits of between £10,000 and £50,000.

  • Contract works insurance

    Contract works insurance protects the work that your business is carrying out on a construction site in the event of a flood, fire, theft or act of malicious damage. It covers the expenses associated with repairing or redoing the work.

  • Goods in transit insurance

    Goods in transit insurance protects your goods if they are moving from one location to another and are damaged or lost on the way. It can cover items being transported via your own vehicles or a third-party carrier.

  • Professional indemnity insurance

    Professional indemnity insurance protects you if a customer sues you because of a mistake you have made while providing them with a professional service for a fee, such as advising them on a glazing project.

Need some help?

0800 640 6600

Mon - Fri 08:30 - 17:30

Local rate and mobile friendly


Cover starting from £9 a month

Frequently asked questions

  • Is business insurance a legal requirement for glaziers?

    Most types of financial cover are not a legal requirement for glaziers. However, if you have people working for your business, you are required to have employers’ liability cover in place.

  • What cover limit should I choose?

    When deciding what cover limits to go for, you should think about the potential costs you would face if something goes wrong. In other words, if an accident happened, how much would you have to pay to put things right?
    It is also important to bear in mind that certain commercial clients and industry bodies will have specific industry requirements that may dictate the minimum levels of cover you need. It is worth checking this before you take out your insurance policy.

  • How is Markel regulated?

    Markel is regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and Financial Conduct Authority. For more information, take a look at the Financial Services Register.

Access free legal services for your window fitting business when you arrange cover with Markel, including:

24 hour legal helpline 24/7 access to a legal advice helpline manned by qualified solicitors

Legal hub access Access legal templates and resources with the Markel Business Hub

 Receive discounted IR35 contract reviews with your policy

 Expert management of public relations crises with The Counsel House

Cover starting from £9 a month