Marketing consultant and agency insurance

Specialist cover for marketing consultants and agencies from as little as £5 a month

  • Fast, easy online quote in 90 seconds

  • Interest free direct debit

  • No hidden fees or cancellation charges

Our marketing consultant and agency insurance provides specialist cover for a range of marketing and media professions, including general marketing consultants, advertising agencies, PR advisors and brand designers.

With over 25 years experience insuring professionals, we have unrivalled knowledge of the risks facing the marketing and communications industry.

Advising clients does not always work out as planned. When things go wrong, it is vital your business is properly insured. A mistake in a design, a client injuring themselves during a visit to your office or the theft of expensive computer equipment could have serious repercussions for your business. Our marketing consultant and agency insurance could cover you for these events and more.

Building a specialist policy for your marketing business is fast and easy. Our simple quote system asks you about your business activities and builds a policy around them. You can buy all or just some of the covers quoted, so you will only pay for the cover you want.

Customer reviews


Rated 4.7 stars from 396 customer reviews at Google

More marketing professions we cover

Cover starting at just £5 a month

Tailor your specialist marketing consultant insurance with these covers

  • Professional indemnity insurance

    Professional indemnity insurance covers the cost of defending your business against allegations of professional negligence (such as giving your client incorrect or wrongful advice) and if unsuccessful, the cost of damages awarded against you.

    Examples of claims include:

    • You produce a new marketing plan for a client to grow income, but your recommendations have the opposite effect and sales drop. Your client takes legal action against you for the loss of business.
    • You organise an event for a client, however when you arrive at the venue it transpires that you never confirmed the booking. The client claims against you for the cost of rearranging the event.

    This is vital insurance for all marketing professionals, and cover is available with limits ranging from £50,000 to £5m.

  • Public liability insurance

    Public and product liability insurance covers the cost of defending your business (including damages awarded against you if unsuccessful) if someone is injured, or their property damaged, which arises from you going about your business or supplying products.

    Examples of claims include:

    • A client slips during a visit to your offices and injures themselves. They make a personal injury claim against you seeking compensation.
    • In commissioning an exhibition display you created for a client you damage the floor of a venue, and your client is sent a repair bill. Your client expects you to pay the bill.

    Limits range from £1m to £5m.

  • Employer's liability insurance

    Employer’s liability insurance is a legal requirement if your business has employees. It covers your business against claims for injury or illness suffered by employees arising from their employment.

    Examples of claims include:

    • An employee trips over a computer cable in your office and breaks their wrist. They make a personal injury claim against you seeking compensation.
    • Whilst setting up an exhibition stand for a client, an employee injures their back. They are unable to work for a significant period of time and make a personal injury claim against you seeking compensation.

    If your business employs staff, even on a part time basis, you need this cover. Cover for £10m.

  • Directors and officers insurance

    Directors and officers insurance covers the costs of defending you as a director or officer of your company against allegations of wrongful acts and any damages subsequently awarded against you. Cover is also provided in respect of the legal costs and expenses of defending actions for disqualification as a director, investigations and extradition proceedings. Limits range from £100,000 to £5m.

  • Office insurance

    Office insurance covers your office buildings, office contents and computer equipment against accidental damage (including theft) whilst on your business premises. You can also choose to cover your business equipment (such as laptops and mobile phones) on a worldwide basis, and insure your business against loss of income and/or additional trading expenses following events such as damage to your property.

Need some help?

0800 640 6600

Free from mobile & landline


Cover starting at just £5 a month

Frequently asked questions

  • I need professional indemnity insurance to secure a contract - do you provide proof of cover?

    Yes. If you purchase your policy with us, your documents are emailed to you instantly and include a dedicated 'Confirmation of Liability Insurance' document (detailing the cover you have with us) which you can present to agencies and clients as proof of cover.

  • Is my past work covered?

    We cover past work if you have held professional indemnity insurance uninterrupted prior to arranging your policy with us.

    If there was a period of time where you did not have professional indemnity insurance in force (for example, you have never arranged professional indemnity insurance before, you chose not to renew a previous policy or you cancelled a previous policy at the end of a contract) we are unable to cover past work.

    If you require further clarification, don't hesitate to call us on 0800 640 6600.

  • What's the difference between professional indemnity and public liability?

    Professional indemnity insurance covers against allegations of professional negligence - which means it would cover you if you were to make an error or mistake in a piece of work (such as a project or report) for a client.

    Public liability insurance is different - it covers against allegations of injury or illness caused to third parties by your negligence. This includes many of the slips, trips and falls that are associated with personal injury claims. In addition, public liability insurance covers against damage to third party property - for example, if you were to damage a client-owned laptop or smartphone.

    As they insure against different scenarios, it's important you consider arranging both types of cover to ensure you are properly protected.

  • What limit of cover should I choose?

    Many clients and industry bodies with regulatory requirements will require you to have a minimum level of cover in order for you to undertake a contract, so it's worth checking this before you arrange cover. If you're unsure, or it's the first time you have arranged cover, give some thought to a worst-case scenario and the likely costs involved in putting your mistake right. We offer a range of limits, so you're sure to find the right cover for your business.

  • Why should I insure with Markel?

    Established over 25 years ago, we've gained an unrivalled understanding of the risks facing professionals and our policies are specially designed to protect you.

    We're regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority, and you can view our details on the Financial Services Register. We're a division of Markel International, a Lloyd's and London market insurer that wrote gross premiums of £800m ($1.2 billion) in 2015.

    Still not sure? Call us on 0800 640 6600 - one of our insurance experts will be more than happy to answer any questions you have and talk you through the insurance we offer so you can choose the right cover for your business. Alternatively, get an online quote in 90 seconds now and call us later if anything needs clarifying.

We insure marketing professionals based at home

We offer a specialist homeworkers policy designed to cover the various risks facing home based marketing professionals. Working from home does not come without risks, and few home insurance policies will cover your business activities. To ensure your business is properly insured, it is important you arrange specialist homeworker insurance cover.

Our homeworkers policy can be tailored to your business' needs. We offer a range of liability covers with varying limits suitable for businesses of all sizes, as well as the option of insuring expensive business equipment you own.

Cover is available from as little as £5/month over 10 interest free instalments. You are guaranteed to find expert cover at an unbeatable price.

Cover starting at just £5 a month