Important changes to personal injury claims
As a result of the Ministry of Justice Reforms, from the 31st July 2013 the process in which someone makes an Employers Liability or Public Liability personal injury claim against your organisation will change.
The changes impose strict timescales for the investigation and handling of claims and we, as your insurer, need to start investigating any accident or incident that could give rise to a claim as soon as possible.
What this means for you
If someone makes an Employers Liability or Public Liability claim against your organisation, you will be sent a Claims Notification Form (CNF) by the claimant or their representatives.
On the same day you receive a Claims Notification Form you must:
- Call us on 0800 640 6600.
- Email a copy of the CNF to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 0845 351 2601.
- Acknowledge, by email, receipt of the Claim to the Claimant or their representatives.
- Make any comment on the contents of the CNF or accompanying correspondence.
- Complete the compensator response section of the form. We will deal with this step for you.
Within the following 5 days:
- Provide us with information and documents to investigate the claim.
We have produced some basic guidance for policyholders, with example CNFs and information and documents we would need to investigate the claim.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 0800 640 6600.
Need some help?
0800 640 6600
Mon - Fri 08:30 - 17:30
local rate and mobile friendlySupport