Event organiser insurance

Specialist cover for conference, exhibition and event organisers from as little as £5 a month

  • Fast, easy online quote in 90 seconds

  • Interest free direct debit

  • No hidden fees or cancellation charges

Our specialist insurance offers tailored cover to a whole host of risks facing conference and exhibition organisers and event planners.

Few event planners realise the extent to which something unforeseen could damage their business. An incorrect booking at a venue, mismanagement of suppliers or the theft of a laptop containing confidential information could have a serious effect on your business. Our conference, exhibition and event organiser insurance can give you the peace of mind that even if something unexpected happens, you are covered.

We can help you build a comprehensive event planner insurance policy online in minutes. Our simple quote system will ask about your business activities and offer you covers that may be of interest. You can buy all or just some of the covers quoted, so you will only ever pay for the cover you need.

Customer reviews


Rated 4.7 stars from 396 customer reviews at Google

Cover starting at just £5 a month

Tailor your event organiser insurance policy with these specialist covers

  • Professional indemnity insurance

    Professional indemnity insurance covers the cost of defending your business against allegations of professional negligence (such as giving your client incorrect or wrongful advice) and if unsuccessful, the cost of damages awarded against you. This cover is essential for all conference, exhibition and event planning professionals, and insurance is available with limits ranging from £50,000 to £5m.

  • Public and product liability insurance

    Public and product liability insurance covers the cost of defending your business (including damages awarded against you if unsuccessful) if someone is injured, or their property damaged, which arises from you going about your business or supplying products. The legal fees alone could cost your business thousands of pounds. If you regularly come into contact with members of the public, this cover is vital insurance for your business. Limits range from £1m to £5m.

  • Employer’s liability insurance

    Employer’s liability insurance is a legal requirement if your business has employees.  It covers your business against claims for injury or illness suffered by employees arising from their employment. If your event planning business has employees, including temporary or part time staff, you need this cover. Cover for £10m.

  • Directors and officers insurance

    Directors and officers insurance covers the costs of defending you as a director or officer of your company against allegations of wrongful acts and any damages subsequently awarded against you. Cover is also provided in respect of the legal costs and expenses of defending actions for disqualification as a director, investigations and extradition proceedings. Limits range from £100,000 to £5m.

  • Office insurance

    Office insurance covers your office buildings, office contents and computer equipment against accidental damage (including theft) whilst on your business premises. You can also choose to cover your business equipment (such as laptops and mobile phones) on a worldwide basis, and insure your business against loss of income and/or additional trading expenses following events such as damage to your property.

Need some help?

0800 640 6600

Free from mobile & landline


Cover starting at just £5 a month

Frequently asked questions

  • Does the policy cover the event itself?

    No - the policy provides cover for your professional activities in organising the event and not the event itself.

  • What's the difference between professional indemnity and public liability?

    Professional indemnity insurance covers against allegations of professional negligence - which means it would cover you if you were to make an error or mistake in a piece of work (such as a project or report) for a client.

    Public liability insurance is different - it covers against allegations of injury or illness caused to third parties by your negligence. This includes many of the slips, trips and falls that are associated with personal injury claims. In addition, public liability insurance covers against damage to third party property - for example, if you were to damage a client-owned laptop or smartphone.

    As they insure against different scenarios, it's important you consider arranging both types of cover to ensure you are properly protected.

  • I need to arrange insurance to start work - do you provide proof of cover?

    Yes. We provide a dedicated 'Confirmation of Liability Insurance' document (detailing the cover you have with us) as part of the documents that are emailed to you if you purchase your policy with us. You can present this document to agencies and clients as proof that you are insured.

  • What limit of cover should I choose?

    Many clients and industry bodies with regulatory requirements will require you to have a minimum level of cover in order for you to undertake a contract, so it's worth checking this before you arrange cover. If you're unsure, or it's the first time you have arranged cover, give some thought to a worst-case scenario and the likely costs involved in putting your mistake right. We offer a range of limits, so you're sure to find the right cover for your business.

We offer specialist cover for event planners working from home

As a specialist insurer, we understand the many risks facing home based conference, exhibition and event organisers. Unlike many other insurers that offer the exact same policy for office based businesses as they do for home based ones, we offer a homeworkers policy specially designed to cover the risks facing home based businesses. Home insurance policies rarely include cover for mistakes you make in your work, so to ensure your business is not left exposed in the event of a claim, it is vital you arrange specialist homeworkers insurance.
Our homeworkers policy can be tailored to include a wide range of liability insurance covers, with a choice of limits suitable for all sizes of business. You also have the option of insuring expensive business equipment you use.
Our event planner insurance is available from just £5/month over 10 interest free instalments.

Cover starting at just £5 a month