Zumba instructor insurance

Specialist Zumba instructor insurance to cover your classes from £5 a month*

  • Fast, easy online quote in 90 seconds

  • 24hr legal advice helpline and legal hub

  • No hidden fees or cancellation charges

Our Zumba instructor insurance provides expert cover, so you can keep teaching and dancing with peace of mind.

What is Zumba instructor insurance?

We know that you want to focus on teaching energetic Zumba classes without worrying about the risks you and your business could face. Our Zumba instructor insurance gives you peace of mind you'll be covered in the event you make a mistake or cause injury to a client.

With over 25 years of experience as a specialist insurance company, we have first class knowledge of the factors that could affect your business. Our Zumba instructors insurance offers you comprehensive cover for your needs.

Why do Zumba instructors need insurance?

As a fitness professional who teaches clients, you need to protect yourself against the costs and compensation that could be incurred should a worst-case scenario occur. Whether that is a claim of professional negligence, accidents and injuries to you or a client, or even damage or theft of your equipment.

We know how important your professional reputation is. That's why our insurance for Zumba instructors provides you with a range of cover levels so your policy can be tailored to your individual requirements. This ensures your hard work and dedication to your business is protected, whatever may happen.

What does Zumba instructor insurance cover?

Our Zumba instructor insurance will provide you with comprehensive cover to protect you and your business should an incident occur. This includes:

  • Accidents and injuries – for example, if one of your clients injures themselves during one of your classes and then makes a personal injury claim against you.
  • Professional negligence – for example, if a client alleges that you have provided inadequate teaching or instruction and takes legal action against you to recoup their costs.
  • Damage caused to a hired premises – including if damage is caused to a hired studio or equipment, whether it be by a client or yourself

How to arrange insurance for Zumba instructors

Insuring your business with Markel couldn’t be easier. Just answer a few questions online about you and your business to receive a quote in minutes.

If you choose to take out cover with us, you'll then receive your policy documents. This includes proof of insurance, which is important to prove to your clients that you are insured.

You’ll be able to tailor your cover online to suit your business’ requirements.

How much it will cost

You can insure your Zumba instructor business with Markel from £5 a month.

*Price based on a zumba instructor requiring occupational personal accident insurance cover at £100 per week for temporary total disablement, or a £25,000 lump sum for permanent total disablement.

Customer reviews


Rated 4.8 stars from 351 customer reviews at Google

Cover starting at £5 a month

Build your Zumba instructor insurance online

  • Public liability and professional indemnity insurance

    Public liability insurance should always be considered if you regularly deal with clients or members of the public. It covers you from the costs that you may incur from legal defence in the event of a claim, damages or compensation. You may find that some clients or organisations require that you have this cover before you start work.

    Professional indemnity insurance protects you if you are alleged to have provided an inadequate service. Scenarios that you could be liable for include loss of data and copyright breaches.

    Examples of claims include:

    • You instruct a student how to perform a Zumba dance move, but they fall awkwardly while trying to perform it and hurt themselves, as well as another attendee. They take legal action against you, alleging you did not explain how to perform the move safely.

    This cover is generally considered essential for Zumba instructors, particularly those renting a community hall or gym studio to carry out their sessions. Limits range from £1m to £5m.

  • Legal expenses insurance

    Legal expenses insurance will cover the cost of legal expenses should you have to act. This could be in pursuit or defence of an action against another client, supplier or employee.

  • Directors and officers insurance

    If you are a director or officer of a limited company, you can be held accountable for mismanagement, breaches of the Companies Act and poor decision making. Our directors’ and officers’ insurance will cover the cost of legal liability and expenses in respect of the action taken against you.

  • Office insurance

    Office insurance will cover your buildings and their contents against accidental damage, theft and natural disasters such as fire, floods and storms. Should your business experience such, the costs to recover can be detrimental to your business, so it should be seriously considered.

  • Occupational personal accident

    Accidents can happen to anyone at any time. Occupational personal accident insurance can provide you with weekly benefits or a cash lump sum (depending on the type of injury) to help support your income should you be unable to work following an injury.

  • Cyber and data risks insurance

    An increasing number of cyber criminals are targeting businesses. So, having cyber and data risks insurance can provide cover if you store sensitive data about your clients or employees on laptops, tablets and other internet connected devices

Need some help?

0800 640 6600

Mon - Fri 08:30 - 17:30

Local rate and mobile friendly


Cover starting at £5 a month

Frequently asked questions

  • Am I covered to work with clients remotely?

    Yes. Markel's insurance for Zumba instructors includes cover for remote working, including the use of audio and video services such as Skype and Zoom. However, this policy does not provide cover for pre-recorded videos uploaded to any social media platform, including YouTube. Sessions must be conducted live and to your clients only.

    Many customers have already begun working remotely to adapt their business during the COVID-19 pandemic. You do not need to contact us to include this in your policy, it's already covered.

  • Does my Zumba studio need insurance?

    If you own a studio, you should consider taking out buildings and contents insurance to protect against damage and disasters, such as fire or flooding. If you hire a studio, you should check with your landlord what insurance you are required to hold.

  • What's the difference between professional indemnity and public liability?

    Professional indemnity insurance covers against allegations of professional negligence - which means it would cover you if you were to make an error or mistake in a piece of work (such as a project or report) for a client.

    Public liability insurance covers against allegations of injury or illness caused to third parties by your negligence. This includes many of the slips, trips and falls that are associated with personal injury claims. In addition, public liability insurance covers against damage to third party property - for example, if you were to damage a client-owned laptop or smartphone.

    As they insure against different scenarios, it's important you consider arranging both types of cover to ensure you are properly protected.

  • I teach lessons at different venues - is this covered?

    Yes. Regardless of where you teach - for example, at dance studios, village halls and gyms - you'll be covered under our policy.

  • What limit of cover should I choose?

    Many clients and industry bodies with regulatory requirements will require you to have a minimum level of cover in order for you to undertake a contract, so it's worth checking this before you arrange cover. If you're unsure, or it's the first time you have arranged cover, give some thought to a worst-case scenario and the likely costs involved in putting your mistake right. We offer a range of limits on insurance, so you're sure to find the right cover for your business.

  • Why should I choose Markel's insurance?

    Markel has over 25 years of experience insuring contractors, consultants and self-employed professionals. We insure over 200,000 micro businesses and are highly rated by our customers on Feefo.com.

    To talk about your insurance requirements and better understand our cover, call us on 0800 640 6600 or get a quick quote online.

  • How are Markel Direct regulated?

    Markel International Insurance Company Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Find out more on the Financial Services Register.

Expect more from your insurer.

When you take out cover with Markel, you receive these exclusive services as standard

24 hour legal helpline  24 hour legal advice helpline manned by qualified solicitors

  Access to our fee dispute service to assist with unpaid invoices

  A cyber response helpline for help in the event of a cyber attack (included with cyber and data risk insurance)

Legal hub access  Legal templates and resources with the Markel Business Hub

  Expert management of public relations crises with The Counsel House

Discover more about these services.

Cover starting at £5 a month