Tilers Insurance

Specialist insurance for tilers from £71 a year.

  • Fast, easy online quote in 90 seconds

  • Interest free direct debit

  • No hidden fees or cancellation charges

Whether you are laying ceramic tiles in a brand new bathroom or installing a glass splashback in a recently renovated kitchen, being a tiler requires an enormous amount of skill and effort.

Tiling can be an intricate and physically challenging job, and it’s likely you pride yourself on the level of detail you put into every task. With this in mind, it’s wise to protect your business with insurance.

At Markel, we provide tilers’ insurance for businesses of any size. By having a suitable insurance policy in place, you can relax in the knowledge that your finances are protected.

What is tilers’ insurance?

Tilers’ insurance is designed to provide financial protection for your business in times of trouble. Your policy can be tailored to include the exact level of protection you need. This can include anything from public liability and employers’ liability, to cover for your premises and tools. With a variety of cover options available, we can help ensure your business is fully protected no matter what happens.

Do I need tilers’ insurance?

There’s no denying that accidents can happen, especially when you least expect it. For this reason, it’s a good idea to have tilers’ insurance in place. This will mean that you’re not left picking up the cost if a claim was to be made against you and your business.

For example, as a tiler, there’s a good chance you visit your customers’ homes to carry out jobs, whether you’re tiling a bathroom wall or kitchen floor. If you accidentally damaged part of your customer’s home - for example, if you scuffed a worktop, you may find that they make a claim against you. Between legal fees and compensation costs, the amount of money you need to pay out can add up. The good news is, tilers’ insurance will cover these costs, saving you from financial fallout.

Your tilers’ insurance can also be tailored to include employers’ liability cover. This policy is a legal requirement if you have anyone else working for you on behalf of your business, and you must have cover in place of at least £5 million. Employers’ liability insurance means you’re covered if an employee makes a claim against you. This could be if they injure themselves while using a tile cutting tool, or if they become unwell as a result of their job.

Tilers’ insurance can also provide cover for your tools and even your business premises. At Markel, we can help ensure you’re suitably insured, giving you peace of mind that your business is protected, regardless of what happens.

Why choose Markel for tilers’ insurance?

At Markel, we understand just how important your business is to you. That’s why we provide tiling insurance that’ll ensure you’re fully protected, even when the worst happens. Here are just some of the reasons why you should choose us.

✔ A name you can trust

We have 25 years’ worth of experience offering insurance policies to businesses right across the UK. You can put your trust in us to find you a suitable policy that provides the level of protection you need.

✔ Rated highly by our customers

Our customers are at the heart of what we do. As a result, we are highly rated by our clients on Feefo.com.

✔ Affordable policies with no hidden fees

With premiums starting from £71* a year, our insurance partners at Caunce O’Hara provide policies that are affordable with no hidden fees.

✔ Our experts are here for you

Our legal helpline is accessible to you all day, every day. When you need us the most, we’re ready to answer your questions and provide advice.

✔ Get a quote in less than 2 minutes

Fill out our online form to get a quote in just 90 seconds. It’s that easy when you choose Markel.

How much does tilers’ insurance cost?

Since your business is unique to you, your insurance will be too. The truth is, the cost of your policy will depend on a variety of factors. This can include the size of your business, if you have any employees, the type of jobs you carry out and even the type of equipment you use.

Tilers’ insurance policies from our partners at Caunce O’Hara start from £71 a year. You won’t struggle to find affordable cover that provides the right level of protection for your business.

*Price based on a tiler requiring £1 million public liability insurance cover.

Customer reviews


Rated 4.8 stars from 351 customer reviews at Google

Cover starting from £71 a year

What insurance do tilers need?

  • Public liability insurance

    Public liability insurance provides cover for accidental injury or damage to any third parties. At Markel, our public liability insurance ranges from £1 million to £5 million. This covers you against claims made by individuals who have sustained an injury or had their property damaged as a result of your business.

    Example of a claim:

    A customer trips over a misplaced tool, seriously injuring themselves. They pursue legal action for their injuries and make a claim against your business.

  • Employers’ liability insurance

    If you have hired employees working for your business, you are legally required to have employers’ liability insurance in place worth a minimum of £5 million. This protects your business against claims made by your employees for injuries they may have sustained at work, or for an illness they have experienced as a result of their job.

    Example of a claim:

    An employee falls over a pile of materials and sustains a serious injury. They make a claim against your business for personal injury, as well as a claim for loss of earnings while they are unable to continue to work.

  • Legal expenses insurance

    Legal expenses insurance offers protection if you are involved in legal disputes. This can include anything from personal injury claims to debt recovery cases and contract disputes. Our policies are available with a limit of £100,000.

  • Cyber insurance

    Cyber insurance pays out if your IT systems are targeted in a malicious attack. It covers a range of costs, including restoring data and equipment, meeting random demands and notifying parties affected by the security breach. It also covers the legal fees and damages you may owe if the affected parties sue.

  • Occupational personal accident insurance

    Occupational personal accident insurance provides support for your income if you can’t work because of an injury you suffer while doing your job, or while on your way to or from work. It provides either weekly payments or a lump sum, depending on the nature of your injuries.

  • Money and personal assault insurance

    Money and personal assault insurance covers you against the loss or theft of money taken from your premises or while in transit. It also provides financial protection for those injured in a robbery.

  • Portable equipment insurance (Tool insurance)

    Portable equipment insurance provides cover in the event that your equipment needs to be repaired or replaced due to an event such as a flood, fire or theft. You can choose from limits ranging from £1,000 to £5,000 per person.

    Example of a claim:

    You leave your van unattended while you’re working on a job at a customer’s house and some of your equipment is stolen, meaning you need to pick up the cost of replacing these items.

Need some help?

0800 640 6600

Mon - Fri 08:30 - 17:30

local rate and mobile friendly


Cover starting from £71 a year

Frequently asked questions

  • When should I get tilers’ insurance?

    To ensure that you’re fully covered, we recommend that you take out tilers’ insurance as soon as possible. We recommend that you have cover in place before you begin any work for a customer to make sure that your business is protected from the first step.

  • Do I need tilers’ insurance if I’m self-employed?

    Even if you work alone as a self-employed tiler, it’s still a good idea to have an insurance policy in place. Accidents can happen at any time, so it’s better to be prepared in case the worst happens. At Markel, we provide insurance that can be tailored for self-employed tilers. As a result, you’ll receive the right level of protection you need.

  • How is Markel regulated?

    Markel is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. You can find out more about this on the Financial Services Register.

Access free legal services for your tiling business when you purchase Legal Expenses insurance including:

  • 24hr legal helpline.
  • 800+ DIY legal resources including contracts, policies, forms, and letter templates from Markel’s solicitors.
  • Free legal updates, templates, guidance documents, checklists, and useful links.
  • 460+ straight-forward guides.
  • 350+ links to key resources.
  • Up-to-date information on new legislation and case-law.
  • Live Chat available Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00.

Discover more about these services here.

Cover starting from £71 a year